Location: Camp 2
Local Time: 16:30, May 20
Weather: Clear in the morning, snow in the afternoon, fine in the evening, -11C
Hi Everyone it’s Paul here.
Last night we waited up till 11:30pm (a late night for us) to get the latest weather report. The news was good. The winds are predicted to decrease over the next 5 days and there is expected to be less snow.
We will wait up for the forecast tonight and assuming that there is no dramatic shift, we will leave for C3 tomorrow morning. The next day we plan to go to C4 and that night, head for the summit. A few other teams are leaving tomorrow as well so that’s a good sign too.
Today we re-checked gear and packed our bags. We also cut up a bamboo wand and made some sharp sticks for clearing ice from the oxygen mask. Some people returning from up high have said that this would have been very helpful if they had it on their summit climb.
Hopefully coming to you from C3 tomorrow,